We are searching for a highly analytical Senior Accountant to oversee our company's financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
• Prepare short- and long-term financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Verify, allocate, and reconcile financial transactions.
• Post transactions on accounting software, update bank Activity report on a daily base.
• Issue invoice and prepare payments when needed.
• Regularly prepare and online report for all taxes, Vat, Income Tax, pension, withholding, profit tax accurately.
• Prepare and process Payroll every month.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing financial statements.
• Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices and reports as necessary.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
• Work on month-end and close year-end process properly and arrange financial documents for auditors.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Participate in financial standards setting and, in the forecast, process.
• Provide input into the department’s goal setting process.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Participate in preparing accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping the information confidential.
• Work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
BA degree in accounting
• A minimum of 10 years’ proven experience
• IFRS certification is required.
• Proficient user of finance software
• Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Time Management.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the email subject line please write “Senior Accountant", Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia